- Phonics workshop for parents
- Phonics & Reading 4 to 7 years old
The curriculum has 3 essential components:
- Strong foundation in phonics;
- Comprehension based on visualization; and
- Learning to read for meaning and using context clues.
This programme is specially designed to help preschoolers master the necessary level of English literacy before they enter Primary 1. Montessori language materials together with Fitzroy readers will be used to lead them through a natural progression of reading, spelling, writing and comprehension skills. Following a carefully sequenced order of materials, material learn the rules of phonics. Sandpaper letters, moveable alphabet, object boxes and picture boxes are some of the materials used.